View Single Post
Old 13th June 2019, 22:30   #86
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
You must look at the bigger picture Alan, sadly we don't live in a world of everything being sunshine and flowers.
It is not about the bigger picture! It is about a small specific audience of a radio show. It is about a comedian known for sarcasm, likely saying something to express HER own exasperation at how ridiculous todays politicians and maybe even society have become. Now blown out of proportion, into a worldwide audience, where someone will now throw acid into the face of a politician, and blame a comedienne 'wot told him/her to do it' then expect a skiing holiday because he/she had a bad childhood as well.

The only way there will be a bigger picture is if someone does it because they were told to by her! At that point it has nothing to do with her! It has everything to do with the tosspot nutter who threw it!

How many times has she spoken of 'attacking' a husband or lover if he did something to irritate her, during a humourous monologue on a show (eg QI or Have I Got News for You etc)? Is that condoning domestic violence???

I despair if people genuinely believe her to be inciting violence of this kind!

Perhaps I imagine her saying it the way I have always watched her on TV, naive, perhaps, or just despairing of the society we are now living in, where I cannot even comment on how pretty a lady's dress is without being accused of something untoward!

When I first saw the Danny Baker picture mentioned earlier, I immediately thought exactly as he did when he explained why he did it - another animal to add to the performing zoo of the Royal Family. But then I am not racist (but I can see how unwise it was to post it!), nor and more importantly, I have not experienced any serious or concerning form or racism (does that make me naive?). Equally I havent experienced any form of an acid attack either, but have had a drink or two thrown over me (and an egg once) .

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!

Last edited by clf; 13th June 2019 at 22:33..
clf is offline   Reply With Quote