View Single Post
Old 31st January 2021, 07:17   #16
hst125
Loves to post

2004 ZTT CDTi manual, 2017 Fiat 500L MPW, 1946 MG TC

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post
Currently Mains gas is still the best option but that wasn't what you asked. Future proofing was the query.
Fair comment but maybe I should have qualified it with “on balance”, I just hadn’t found any accurate data/timescale for the shift away from gas. The house is simply too difficult to fully insulate, and my budget is limited. As I mentioned at the outset the boiler is almost expired, and if there was a viable alternative solution I could have simply gone onto immersion, and Glen radiators if needed whilst working on it.
Sadly with part tiled elevations, elderly uPvc windows, solid floors and probably no cavity insulation, the house efficiency will be so poor it’s not practical to pursue air source etc.
I may consider solar panels at some point as the rear roof is ideal, but that’s for another day.
Looks like it’ll be a system boiler up in the gable end loft, and working on the internal layout a good sized unvented cylinder in a slightly different location to the other one so I can enlarge the bathroom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk