View Single Post
Old 12th February 2022, 21:31   #11
polinsteve
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontug View Post
Some years ago I attended a awareness course (no brainer) There were a large number of people on the course we were split into groups of maybe five. each group were put in the position of being involved in an accident were a five year old child was killed. one group were the drivers of the car involved, one group was the family of the child, ect As the driver of the car I had to explain to the Childs family why I was speeding ect ect. I can assure you with grandchildren of my own it really hit home. I do not speed at all since. Those people who think speed limits don't apply to them just put yourself in that position
I always used a hard hitting video in basic training and also the advanced driving courses. I believe it was called Accident in Park Road. It was very hard hitting and involved a car/child collision. The silence and facial expressions proved how effective it was.

I was also fortunate enough to be invited to a North Yorkshire Police seminar which although aimed at reducing the young driver death rate, provided a load of material for our PSV training.
polinsteve is offline   Reply With Quote