View Single Post
Old 13th February 2022, 16:22   #19
Dorset Bob
Senior Citizen

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE,Chrysler 300C,124 Spider, Daytona 955i,Honda XL250 & Royal Enfield 650GT

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,686 Posts

Back in the 1980s, when I was even younger than I am now, I used to travel extensively for work and driving over 1000 miles a week was not unusual.
I suppose that gave me lots of experience in picking up bad habits.

My passion has always been riding motorcycles and around 1990 I decided to take advanced training and the test.
It was nothing like I expected and it totally changed my bigoted views of traffic cops.
My experience with the Thames Valley force was with a great bunch of guys, who had a sense of humour and also shared the love of riding high performance motorcycles
I rode with police class one riders and feel privileged of the skills and knowledge that they passed on to me.

These were the days when speed cameras were in their infancy and, my point is, that there is a huge difference between policing and law enforcement.

All of us are human and make mistakes (I should write a song about that ).
This is the case with the OP, IMHO, we are dealing with a machine that decides what is black or white.
Give me a quiet word and some advice from a police traffic officer anytime.

BTW, when I returned later to do my advanced car test, the “safety cameras” were more common, it was a unanimous feeling, from the traffic police, that it was a really bad idea.
I still share that view.

Let the good times roll............

Dorset Bob is offline   Reply With Quote