View Single Post
Old 14th April 2021, 22:03   #1
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

Default Changing colour of wheels

This is a question for anyone who has had unusual finishes on their alloys. Not strictly ZT related as it's actually for my bike. The original finish on my wheels seems to be powder coat on the spokes and centre pf the rim, with the edges of the rim highly polished, and then finished with a translucent yellow sort of film. This film has peeled away, and the metal beneath has tarnished. I've not found any companies that say they can replicate the finish, so I'm looking for similar colours. I've found a nice colour, Renault Liquid Yellow, but can this finish be applied successfully to wheels?

So has anyone had any car or bike wheels painted a colour that would normally be used on bodywork? If so, was it a powder coat, or sprayed, and how hardy was it? The bike is no longer used everyday or in wet weather, but it will have chains put through the spokes and obviously need to stand up to having the tyres changed etc.

I have tried to email a couple of wheel refurb places, but haven't had a response from either yet. Thanks
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote