Thread: Hi Line upgrade
View Single Post
Old 2nd April 2016, 17:35   #7
GordyB
Gets stuck in

ZT, ZT-T

Quick update

Today I cut into the loom in the boot and took a speaker level feed from both of the rear speaker cables to the line level input of the Sony amp I have. The amp has adjustable gain and a built in LPF and sub output, which I have connected to the 10" sub in box. The main power to the amp I have run through from the front but I took the REM or switched supply from the switched live in the loom in the boot. A quick play with the gain to stop the bass overpowering the rest of the system and it sounds so much better, I'm pleased at the improvement for a few hours work and some old parts gathering dust in my garage.

I need to "borrow" a BM amp now to see if that will make much difference or whether I should do the front components next???

Just for info, my highline setup includes component rears, whereas I've read a few posts saying components in the fronts only with coaxial speakers in the rear is the factory norm??? Front and rears are the same in mine, is this normal for non-HK highline cars (mine is a PPD)?

Gordon
GordyB is offline   Reply With Quote