View Single Post
Old 20th August 2019, 16:02   #25
Dorchester2
incurable Rover addict

Rover 75 Saloon V6 2.5 1999 - Rover 25 1.4 2002 - Rover 214i cab 1994 - Rover P5b coupe 1968

Two little updates, a good and a bad one.

Let's begin by the bad one.

Following my thread about the CD-GPS reader
https://forums.mg-rover.org/mg-zt-rov...ml#post8652762

I received my BMW CD-GPS driver today. The seller was very quick.
But I've made a gamble, I've lost my bet and it's not the end of the world.
No luck: that beasty German one can't work in a Rover 75!
Worse, it reinitialized my trip counter and was making a weird and gnawing little noise behind the dash.
I took it back according the right protocol, put back my genuine one and that's it.
I rest my case definitely and give up with that device which is of no use after all. It was just to put the 75 back as she was when she was new.

But let's go forward and here is the good one.
I've received my empty fob from China or Hong Kong.
Absolutely similar to the genuine one.
But my second fob plastic had been broken or smashed in the middle, showing a hole instead of both buttons.

So I opened the genuine one and easily swapped the little printed circuit board.

Another matter to take off the key itself that looked stuck in one half of the fob.
I delicately cut the old broken half to be as close as possible to the little plastic bit which the key extremity was stuck in.
Planing with an iron file what remains of the half fob by one side, I succeeded in getting out the key and its square bit properly and cleanly.
A child's play to reintroduce it in the new fob with a tiny drop of glue in the back.

And mind that I have re-used the lower part of the original fob with Rover marks, which proves that the new fob is actually the exact copy of the genuine one.
With the leather & metal Rover key ring I've bought on the bay as well, it's now deserving of my British beauty!

Sorted.
  • This vehicle was the 2,032nd 75 in Atlantic Blue Pearlescent (code: JEY) to be made out of 2,572 Atlantic Blue Pearlescent 75s
Dorchester2 is offline   Reply With Quote