View Single Post
Old 10th November 2019, 20:19   #6
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
I recommend not bothering with a sandblast cabinet, unless you have a huge compressor.

These are hugely air hungry, and at a minimum for a media cabinet of the size of the one linked to, you would need a compressor with FAD of circa 30 CFM minimum for it to operate correctly.

Apart from anything else, they take up a huge amount of space, are rarely used, and they won't be man enough to decraminate the upper rear arms for instance.

You would be better off taking them to a shotblaster, and enjoy the cathartic effect of painting the freshly blasted arms

Brian
Your right Brian about space and rarely used. The compressor I linked to works well with the cabinet I linked to. The two places I wanted to fit the compressor were too small but I found space.
The glass beads I use also do a good job on arms. Add to that a new power supply to the garage may be needed, I had to install a new mains cable. The total cost of everything..... about 4k but I get enjoyment from cleaning my own stuff and its convenient. I have no idea how much it costs to run but that I take on the chin for the enjoyment.
Airline, joints and a regulator to set the correct pressure will also be needed.

macafee2
macafee2 is online now   Reply With Quote