View Single Post
Old 4th June 2020, 20:15   #5
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mighty Quinn View Post
Had left a sandstone and walnut wheel with Royal Steering Wheels in Aylesbury over the past couple weeks to get the sandstone leather replaced with Ash Grey (or their nearest alternative), as I'll be going to the all black, ZT-style interior soon.

I chose printed leather to match the airbag, although they do perforated leather and smooth nappa leather too, depending on your requirements.

Have attached a couple of photos to show how it's turned out. I'm quite pleased with it overall - nice tidy stitching. Only thing I'd advise would be to thoroughly tape up the walnut sections before sending off, as it came back with a small number of (admittedly very minor) marks here and there - not noticeable, in fairness.. they're probably not used to re-trimming wood wheels..

Expensive at £170, but will tie-in better with its surrounds once fitted

BTW, their website says they're very busy at the moment.

Cheers,
Karl.
Are you still in Enniskillen, Karl? whilst it is too late now, but it may be useful for future reference, there is a guy relatively local, in Ballymena, Arek Car Design. He did my steering wheel and various gaiters, as well as gear selector and the handbrake handle. I dont know how accurate the other colours are, but the perforated ash grey is very very close. He mistakenly did the wheel smokestone, as that was how I dropped it off, and it seemed to be quite close to my eye (I had nothing to refer it to).

Images of the ash grey perforated are attached
Attached Images
File Type: jpg all2.jpg (94.8 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg gear 2.jpg (81.7 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg gear.jpg (98.8 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg hbrake.jpg (84.3 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg All.jpg (128.7 KB, 35 views)

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote