View Single Post
Old 4th June 2020, 20:33   #7
The Mighty Quinn
Posted a thing or two

2004 mk1 Rover 75 1.8T Club SE saloon (auto)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
Are you still in Enniskillen, Karl? whilst it is too late now, but it may be useful for future reference, there is a guy relatively local, in Ballymena, Arek Car Design. He did my steering wheel and various gaiters, as well as gear selector and the handbrake handle. I dont know how accurate the other colours are, but the perforated ash grey is very very close. He mistakenly did the wheel smokestone, as that was how I dropped it off, and it seemed to be quite close to my eye (I had nothing to refer it to).

Images of the ash grey perforated are attached

Those parts (and the interior) look lush, Alan..

I actually got the idea of re-trimming the wheel from your work a few years ago - thank you!

I was going to live with the Smokestone leather parts on the wheel - and considered changing a ZT's door cards' central material to Smokestone or Sandstone, to get the overall effect of a (cheap) Monogram interior - with Sandstone leather seats against the Ash Grey black dash etc. But it just seemed like too much work - and this seemed like a reasonable alternative. Hopefully, the interior comes back together the way I envisage it..

When it came time to re-trim the wheel, I actually contacted Arek Car Design first, but unfortunately, they were closed due to the pandemic

Good to have the details though, in case any other parts need doing.

Cheers,
Karl.
The Mighty Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote