View Single Post
Old 4th June 2020, 21:12   #9
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mighty Quinn View Post
Those parts (and the interior) look lush, Alan..

I actually got the idea of re-trimming the wheel from your work a few years ago - thank you!

I was going to live with the Smokestone leather parts on the wheel - and considered changing a ZT's door cards' central material to Smokestone or Sandstone, to get the overall effect of a (cheap) Monogram interior - with Sandstone leather seats against the Ash Grey black dash etc. But it just seemed like too much work - and this seemed like a reasonable alternative. Hopefully, the interior comes back together the way I envisage it..

When it came time to re-trim the wheel, I actually contacted Arek Car Design first, but unfortunately, they were closed due to the pandemic

Good to have the details though, in case any other parts need doing.

Cheers,
Karl.
It is nice to read my efforts have inspired someone I know mine is not everyone's taste, but it suits me.

You dont need to change the material. There is an ash grey smokestone door card if you wanted to go down that route, and they would be easy enough to obtain. I had the same idea back when I did mine, inspired myself by AldoR's beautiful mongram V8. But when I tried it, it just seemed flat to me - I still think AldoR's V8 interior looks fantastic though, I think the dark oak is what ties it all together. (there is an image of his in post 1 HERE, along with my attempt at a mash up of the lower smokestone panels)

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote