View Single Post
Old 9th November 2019, 22:58   #66
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
I used to be in heavy transport, and if anyone should be dead from inhaling diesel particulates, it should be me. 60 hours a week for many years until hours came down. There is so much ‘devilling ‘ of diesel fuel, that it makes me think that somewhere along the line, some companies must be in for a big payday. Shell being one of them. They have begun a move into the electric and gas supplying industries. Why? Because that is where we are going to be paying through the nose to keep the lights on and keep warm this time of the year. Come on people, wake up to what is going on around you, please.
There are also people who have smoked 20 fags a day their whole life and not contracted cancer, but it dioesn't prove that tobacco is harmless, you are just lucky not to have the kind of physiology that reacts like that.
Shell, and other fuel suppliers have realised that the writing is on the wall as far as fossil fuels are concerned, from the Paris Accord to the depletion and increasing cost of finding and collecting oil, including the massive fines and bad press when they have a hugely polluting spillage or leak, they are future proofing themselves by investing in a variety of alternative energy and motive power solutions. Just good business sense, really.
Comfortably Numb is offline   Reply With Quote