View Single Post
Old 26th July 2015, 13:04   #5
Jakg
This is my second home

N/A

To answer the question in your title

Can you get better discs / pads? Yes.

But what you really need to quantify is - what makes them better!

OEM pads will be balanced for noise, brake dust, cold and hot performance, price and longetivity.

You can get pads that work just as well, are cheaper but make more dust and squeal. But better value = better?

You can get pads that work much better when hot, but cost a lot, aren't great when cold and will make lots of dust and squeal a bit. But on a track or similar = nothing better!

You can get pads that cost about the same, have similar noise and dust characteristics and perform a bit better - but they probably don't last as long. For me - this is the best.

The general consensus looks to be that discs don't make much difference - grooved / drilled dissapate heat better, but can crack (especially cheap discs) - but this is very unlikely to be needed on our kind of cars when not being used on a track. Cheaper discs can warp more easily as well. For me - a decent brand solid disc is good (OEM, Brembo, EBC etc.

For pads I go with Black Diamond.

I wouldn't ever by cheap pads / discs. I also wouldn't buy cheap tyres. Many others do without issue...
Jakg is offline   Reply With Quote