View Single Post
Old 29th September 2019, 09:28   #25
cantabro75
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Conn SE 2004

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorchester2 View Post
I can't agree. Here in France 4cv Renault, 4L Renault & 2cv Citroën for example were never ever desired cars of the wealthy, but the modest ones on the contrary.
Nowadays - even in Practical Classics you may see that - those cars have reached foolish prices! It's not uncommon they fetch up to £10k and the more humble ones are asked for £5k no less, unless it be a heap of rot. I would be rich had I kept both my 2CV once bought & sold for peanuts!

On another hand I'm sorry to say than rarity doesn't mean high prices either. It's surprising but it is. Tomorrow I'm becoming the proud owner of a 1994 214i cabriolet BRG & cream leather. It's very rare here in France but IMHO it will unlikely become a very sought after collector. But I don't care...

About the last point I feel lucky to live in the country but if I were to live inside a low pollution area, I would move rather than sell my Rovers!
I have never imagine when i was a kid a SEAT 600 ( fiat 600) could be a classic one and now,,is,asking prices over 6.000 eur, same to 2cv, not to say for a Citroen CX Turbo, you pay same as xj, so the 75 i think could be , yes, but as read here i do not buy it to make money i have buy it from new to enjoy, and want to keep doing as long the car can run decentley, them i will store, i have no intention to sold the 75