Thread: Landline Cancel
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2020, 11:26   #3
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRuss View Post
Yes you can, you just arrange with your new provider and they'll transfer your number over. Have done it twice now in recent years Russ
Ah, looking at my post again I see it is not clear from it what I have in mind. What my intention to do Russ is to bin the landline altogether, not just my current deal, and then move over to a sim-only mobile broadband and phone deal. If I do so initially I expect to access the net by tethering my mobile phone to my laptop but I have been looking at routers with a sim card slot which provides for a 4G/5G broadband service via the mobile phone network. Landline numbers I know can be transferred to another ISP who will deliver the service via the same means, that is a landline or cable/fibre, but porting a landline to a mobile phone I don't think is generally allowed. I've asked 3G if it is possible and they said no, not with them only mobile phone numbers allowed to be ported. Vodafone do seem to offer a service which allows for landline porting but it comes at a price and with some specific requirements and I'm not sure if it is available in the UK.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote