View Single Post
Old 23rd December 2021, 10:25   #45
Torqueofthedevil
Avid contributor

Wedgwood Blue 75 Connoisseur saloon, Duotone 75 Connoisseur saloon. Former ZT190 and ZT260 owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza View Post
Aldi and Lidl greedy,I think you are on your own with that one.Keen to offer the customer value for money in their quest to gain a larger share of the market.Yes.
Erm...you have defeated your own point here, with the correct statement that Aldi and Lidl are greedy for a larger share of the market! Just like the Co-op, they are charging the highest prices they reckon they can get away with, in the interests of making the largest profits. But because food retailing is a long-term business, in which they are relatively new arrivals, and their business model positions them at the bargain end of the market, the prices are - for now - lower than other supermarkets (NB the Co-op isn't in direct competition with them anyway, because almost every Co-op is a convenience store rather than a supermarket). They are no more or less greedy than the Co-op! And guess what - this thread shows that plenty of people are prepared to shop at Co-ops. When that changes, the prices will fall, but I'm not holding my breath. Convenience stores - judged to be convenient by 8 out of 10 shoppers
Torqueofthedevil is offline   Reply With Quote