View Single Post
Old 5th August 2018, 13:34   #7
Bullnose75
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer 2.0 V6 LPG

Yes,Autoglass are a rubbish company ! I bought a new front windscreen for my Chevrolet Dayvan a while back,rang Autoglass re them installing it for me and was told they'd ring me back to let me know when they were coming. Still waiting for that call back ten years later !
Eventually got guy from a local windscreen company to fit it,mind you,he ran out of screen adhesive and I ended up finishing the job with a tube of Tigerseal.
Got a stone chip in that new screen soon after and had Autoglass repair the chip through my car insurance company.
Of course,a few weeks later their repair fell out,lol.
Less than impressed with Autoglass !
Also had a windscreen claim via my car insurance for a cracked front screen in my American Pontiac TransAm a few years ago.Their preferred windscreen company was,you guessed it,Autoglass ! Contacted them re replacing screen only to be told i'd have to wait six weeks while they imported a new one from USA. I told them guy in Luton had them over here in stock for next day
delivery but they couldn't get one from him as he wasn't on their list of suppliers ! I also told them I had a brand new screen myself for another Firebird i'm restoring so asked them if they could please fit that to my TransAm for me(so I didn't have it off the road for six weeks) and replace it later when the one from USA got here.
Of course the ever helpful Autoglass wouldn't do that either
Bullnose75 is offline   Reply With Quote