View Single Post
Old 6th December 2020, 13:05   #10
Jamiewelch
Posted a thing or two

Alpina D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scimdaz View Post
I picked up a new (to me, of course) diesel tourer 115 and completed the first 140 of, hopefully, many many miles on less than a 1/4 of a tank of diesel. 190,000 on the clock she runs very sweetly and is a credit to her former owner (take a bow Jim, you know who you are). The only difference I noticed is the power delivery. It is progressive and feels relentless where as my previous diesel tourer, which the seller told me had had an xpower upgrade / remap had a real push in the back once the turbo was properly spinning. Would this have been the 160 remap I've seen mentioned and, if so, what are the cons to go with the "pros"?
You shouldn't have a push in the back if the car is working as it should, the stock turbo spins up that quick the power should be smooth and taper off around 3750rpm when the turbo runs out of puff. Sounds like you had a faulty MAF.

There are different remaps available, the only thing I can say is, if you have a "160" map put on, have the car put on a dyno afterwards and see what the real number is. Drop a PM to SewerMan on here, he has experienced the "160" maps and beskpoke remaps.

Pros:
Slightly more power than a stock 131
No smoke at all

Cons:
There are maps that can achieve more power, without smoke if the EGR, Manifold and Intercooler are clean.

If you fancy the drive to Cannock I can plug the T4 in and give the car a health check.
Jamiewelch is offline   Reply With Quote