View Single Post
Old 1st June 2010, 06:08   #1
Sonus
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Question New MG ZT 1.8T owner - a few niggles

Hi All

Just picked up my 04 mkI MG ZT 1.8T two weeks ago and must say I'm totally sold. It's the best car I've ever owned. More comfortable than my 08 Volvo V50 2.0 Diesel and much better handling. I even enjoy driving it more than my former Ford Puma 1.7.

Now to the more annoying bits; The car had a new reco cylinder head and HG (ZUA000080 with the improved craddle) before I bought it (I picked it up at the dealer). However there seem to be a few issues either with their work or the car itself;

1. There is a leak just behind the right front wheel. When the car is parked a small pool emerges on the ground just inside of the rearmost part of the righthand side front wheel. The liquid is clear and smells nothing. I beleive its water, and not coolant as the dealer has used some red Xpart coolant. Might this just be a drain hole letting through rain?
There's another leak on the lefthand side of the car, at approx. the same place, but this is not as large as the right hand side leak.

2. There's a strange noise in the interior vents when I engage the aircon, in Econ mode it disappeares.

3. One of the foor bolts holding the turbo to the manifold has been snapped of and the dealer has left the turbo hanging in three bolts.

4. The upper window frame in on the right hand front door sits proud of the rear doors frame - is this common or has my car been in a shunt? The seller and only previous owner says it hasn't been an a shunt. I've forgotten to check the lefthand side.

So if I can get this fixed I'd be in love
Sonus is offline   Reply With Quote