View Single Post
Old 3rd November 2019, 11:20   #27
Blink
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

There seems to be some mass confusion going on all round.

I started the thread to get advice on undoing the rear brake hose union (the little bracket welded to the chassis - pics at post 7 & 22).

The hoses I bought were supposed to be for the rear calipers - they are both Delphi LH0461. The eBay advert says they're for the rear but (as I've just discovered) the Delphi catalogue says LH0461 is for the front - see here and here.

Rimmers say the rear hose is SHB000851, which has a spring and a metal joint half-way along. - it looks identical to LH0461.

My original factory rear hose (the one I've taken off) does not have a spring and does not have a metal joint half way along - it has a rubber grommet instead, which pushes into the metal bracket on the trailing arm. SHB000851 does not fit this metal bracket, neither does LH0461.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz887 View Post
You got the wrong hoses. The spring ones are for front! They are too short. Also you will need a ratchet brake tool, there is little or no room for manouver when trying to undoo and retighten.

I just done this job my my, I had to cut pipe, renew fittings etc.

Soz for negativity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Hi Charles.
I thought the OP knew that he had the front hose as shown in the photo post 21 if not I should have stated it when I posted
Blink is offline   Reply With Quote