View Single Post
Old 10th July 2020, 00:28   #11
Mgaz
Gets stuck in

MG ZT190, MG ZS TD, MGF VVC, R200 TD bubble, Austin A35

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxi_crawf View Post
Holy thread revival!

So has anyone found out for certain about the throttle body internal "bore diameter"?

I ask because I am going to retro fit traction control to my 190 (with the aid of Trikey) I have the bits I need to do the job except that the replacement throttle body is originally from a Rover V6 and I was always under the impression that the 190 has a larger throttle body, however on comparing the one on my car to the "replacement" they are the same apart from obviously the additional TC butterfly valve in front of the throttle valve and that mine has the red plastic insert to improve throttle response not the white one, has the confusion come from the different shannon tube diameters rather than the throttle body?
If this is the case then really all I need to do is swap over the red insert and cable quadrant to the 75 throttle and there will be no need to find a rare 190 body with TC because it would be the same thing
Good luck finding a 190 with TC . When I was looking for a ZT with TC all of them were 160's . Never understood why that was though?
^Be kind, Subscribe^ (MGR videos )
Mgaz is offline   Reply With Quote