View Single Post
Old 10th July 2020, 08:14   #13
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxi_crawf View Post
We'll I'm told (and I've always repeated it) that TC is a bit too keen and for the 190 it can snatch away power when you don't want it to so it can be more of a hindrance than a help, I've read a few times that owners of the 190 say that so it must be available,
The only reason I'm after it is because I'm planning on a jolly in my 190 to Norway up to the arctic circle and I want every bit of help driving, and that's abs (which the car already has, TC, proper Nordic winter tyres, tyre chains and maybe a bit of skidpan practice 😁

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Agree that TC can be a hindrance when you want to power your way out of a skid. ABS - simple, don't touch the brakes if the car isn't in a straight line.
Time of year for your visit? If in winter then a big yes to winter tyres, TC is over-rated and nothing I can’t compensate for, and skid-pans are fun and part of the driving test in Sweden but unrealistic with the possibly exception for bubble-freezing rain. If you have anywhere with loose gravel nearby take the car for a spin and see how the car responds, far more useful than TC. Not much you can do with a front wheel drive car to compensate anyway.

Regards
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote