View Single Post
Old 13th September 2020, 13:55   #5
Steve2016
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

Hello, I have a similar problem with my front passenger door.
The central locking had started to play up, in that it would lock all the doors, but would not unlock the front passenger door (very occasionally it worked perfectly for one or two operations then started mis-behaving again).
I'm unemployed at present so have plenty of time but not much dosh so I bought a used lock mechanism for £20. Worth a punt I thought.
I got it fitted in a couple of hours, got the door card back on nice and neat and shut the door. Pressed the buttons on the fob and hay presto it locks and unlocks every time - brilliant.
However, the door will not open with either the inside or outside handle. It is unlocked (button is up) but the latch won't release.

I've done some trawling of forums and got as far as easing the top of the door card off and got my hand inside to push the release lever down, but to no avail. I've released the plastic clip attaching the exterior handle mechanism to the latch lever and pushed it down as hard as I can, but still no joy.
"Superlock" is mentioned in some threads, do you think this could be the problem?

Do you have any ideas for what I could try next?

Many Thanks, Steve
Steve2016 is offline   Reply With Quote