View Single Post
Old 25th May 2021, 09:18   #3
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
Our printer went wrong yesterday, had a look at it but could not figure out what was wrong.

Wife took to the internet to find one, OMG the choice and "complexity" of terminology made it a mind blowing task.
All we wanted was a printer.

When it comes to product description some companies give you blurb but not understandable description. For example :-
This boiler is good for houses with more than one bathroom.
This boiler is good for those houses needing a lot of hot water at once.

mmmmm, if I have more than one bathroom I may well need a lot of hot water at once, so, what is the difference between the two boilers?
The technical team laughed when I asked them but they did tell me.
Can you guess what the difference is? The answer is not that they are the same.

macafee2

Why are you asking boiler salesmen about boilers if you you're after a printer?

Mostly though I also find many online descriptions of products severely lacking in details. Even the manufacturer websites often only giving the briefest of information when they're best placed to give you every detail you could ever want and a shedload of photo's to go with it. Sometimes I think they aren't really bothered about selling their products. Sure, give the highlights and best use cases in sales talk, but give us a detail section with every minute detail if we want to wade through it. It doesn't really cost any more to do that and stands a chance of getting more sales.

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote