View Single Post
Old 24th February 2021, 11:42   #55
Caskin
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanaslan View Post
Hi David,
Not sure the country of origin is correct. the ones we got I think were 100 ml and in a little yellow/ Orange tin and when you pushed the button down you pushed air into the can and it squirted out one dose. Old age is bad I was sure it was Caba but you are spot on the company is called Kaba. I will try to find my wee tin in the mess I call a garage. Took delivery of the last of the parts on Saturday for the restoration of the spice tourer, all I need is the weather and health to replace the full braking suspension and steering system plus a few other little bits like the inner wing liners and stuff, also a full set of door cards to get them back from the mixture fitted to all being sandstone cards.
I have ordered a can of this spray listed above as it seems a fantastic price I am sure we were paying twice that for half as much. Will post if its the stuff when it arrives and I find my wee can.
Hi Alan have taken you up on your advice and ordered same from Amazon £18,it would appear to have all the descriptive actions that you mentioned so I'm certain it must be the right item.
As for my stuck barrel I'm going to remove and thoroughly clean as recommended.
Whilst on the subject of cleaner (slight digressing)it suddenly struck me that my fuel has been standing car now for over 14months and must be quite stale, Stale fuel has been known to cause problems especially gumming up, whereas with stale diesel you can and I have experienced it, brown seaweed type contamination of the fuel making it useless. Most additives state they must be used with clean fuel, but one I came across named "Startron" is recommended for stale fuel and guarantees rejuvenation and improves overall quality of old fuel. Comes highly recommended. Mention it in the hope of preventing further problems for members with laid up cars. Small bottle can treat up to 48 gallons of petrol. Regards Derek
Purchased 52 plate V6 connie Wedgewood blue,one owner,42000 on clock ,Virtually pristine.2017 service,new Goodyear tyres,Discs and pads all round,new battery,New cam and timing belts (3rd fitting in life of car),plus full normal service.exhaust 2016.First mod was to bonnet catch .Latest mod,triple heart pace maker. All brake lines changed for copper, all brake hoses changed for Pagid hoses.

Last edited by Caskin; 24th February 2021 at 11:43.. Reason: edit
Caskin is offline   Reply With Quote