View Single Post
Old 12th November 2018, 12:38   #23
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75c View Post
Shows how detached some people are from reality. In the uk 30% of children live in poverty. Lets deal with that before we start worrying about garden size
I think it is helpful to remind people of poverty in general and child poverty in particular, but in my view is a little misplaced here. I certainly don't think that we are out of touch with reality.

In my opinion, the subject matter here is about aspirations and dreams for our children and the type of upbringing that people wish to provide for their young ones. The OP will correct me if I have misunderstood the reasons behind his opening post.

There is a viable argument to be made that the percentage of children growing up in poverty in the UK would be lower if all parents held high aspirations for those they have brought into the world and were willing to work at achieving this.

A very complex subject, poverty is.

In relation to the garden size, we have a relatively large garden and in my view it has given our young ones a great start in life because they have not spent all their time indoors playing computer games or texting. They even help out with many jobs around the garden.

Last edited by MSS; 12th November 2018 at 12:46..
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote