Thread: Disappointed
View Single Post
Old 28th December 2018, 16:19   #6
Typhoon190
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190 Monogram Typhoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
That looks very much like the original SNR bearing has been removed from the packaging, and a different one put back in it's place FAG.

FAG is a trading name of Schaeffler AG, who own INA and LUK, so it's unlikely to be tat, and if you look at the labelling on the box, you will see there are actually two stickers.

This can happen if a part is returned under a QA audit, or a warranty claim, or simply if returned to the CDC as unused, and the system will reassign a new "in stock" date code.

I suspect this has been a return from an unscrupulous dealer, as it would not have had SNR literature in with a FAG bearing.

Send it back for exchange, both bearings I bought from XPart were SNR, and resembled the original items identically, with drop forged housing, not as in the case here with a machined mild steel housing with induction hardened outer races.

Brian
I was under the impression that SNR were / are a manufacturer, not a parts distributor as I have been informed.

I would have thought it unlikely that SNR would re-distribute a FAG bearing as their own?

More and more seems to be re-branded re-boxed not what is says on the tin but same money if your lucky.
Typhoon190 is offline   Reply With Quote