View Single Post
Old 10th January 2019, 19:28   #1
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts
Default Damsel in distress

I've waited a long time for this to happen to me.

On returning to my car in the supermarket car park this evening I noticed a BMW 3 series with it's exterior lights flashing in the bizarre sequence which is familiar to many of we 75/ZT owners with a flat battery. Suspecting that the owner may be thinking that the car's electronics had suffered a major failure I went over to offer an explanation, if required. Fortunately the reason was known to the driver but she was displeased at having to wait an hour and a quarter for RAC assistance. I therefore offered my services which were accepted.

I drove home to pick up my jump leads and returned. Although BMW have hidden the battery in a secret location in this car (I'm sure someone will tell me where) they had provided a handy jump starting terminal under the bonnet. In no time at all my Citroen's battery (which isn't a Bosch by the way) had the ultimate driving machine running again. The owner thanked me generously and departed.

I must admit that I was a little disappointed that she didn't offer to buy me a bottle of single malt in the adjacent supermarket! Seriously though, it's nice when someone allows you to do them a favour isn't it.

Simon