Thread: Overheating?
View Single Post
Old 14th March 2021, 13:16   #3
paulh260260
Still learning...

Gold 04 75 Connie SE 2.5 V6 Petrol, Silver 52 Connie SE 2.5 V6 Petrol, 04 BRG Connie 2.5 V6 Petrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkshire GOC View Post
You can get mayo deposits in certain damp conditions -and HGF on the V6 is comparatively rare.

It does sound like your new fan is not kicking in for the temp to get that high.

I would give her a good 10 miles at good speed- leave overnight - open the expansion tank - if there is a clearly audible escape of gas/smell of exhaust gas in the expansion tank this would point to exhaust gases having entered the coolant system there should be no pressure in a cold system.

Also on the V6 a faulty oil cooler could cause oil and coolant to mix causing Mayo so it maybe this at fault.

As an aside - i gather you filled the coolant to the top of the fins - as folk will advise on here that is too much - should fill to the max mark at the bottom of the tank or a few mm's higher to the foot of the fins.
Thanks for that

Yep there has been a hissing when I opened the header cap but I put that down to an airlock whilst it was running without the fan and being topped up. I bled her yesterday and it seemed fine but I haven't ran her let her cool then opened the header tank.

Ill give her a quick blast later the leave her overnight and check for gasses leaking in the morning i ll also give it a sniff the see if its exhaust gasses.

As for the fan speed as I say it passes the demist test and kicks in at exactly 100 degrees, so I don't thinks that the problem!

Cheers

Paul
paulh260260 is offline   Reply With Quote