View Single Post
Old 29th May 2020, 21:26   #5
Briodyjl01
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer, Rover 75 Saloon

What I was doing was hand forming the new rear sill section. Clamping a bit of metal onto the rusty sill and beating it with a hammer to get the shape of the curve at the bottom. And got this

Hi Josh.

I would just like to kindly ask you tone it down a bit with the work on the cars? This has been constant for two years now and I think we’ve been quite patient but it’s obviously never going to end. I don’t want to be a moaning Minnie but it is effecting our happiness now at home and it really isn’t fair. We cannot simply sit outside in the garden and enjoy the fresh air in which we hoped to do so when buying this house. I know it is a hobby of yours but with the amount of cars you have and the ongoing work it takes to keep them running it is having an effect on the rest of the street. I know you don’t do it on purpose and probably don’t realise how loud you’re being but we can hear it in every corner of our house even when the tv is on. You’re a lovely lad and just hope you take into consideration what I’ve said as you have said before you would like someone just to mention anything if it’s bothering them. It’s like living next to a car garage and understandably not what we was expecting moving here. Every so often is fair enough but it’s pretty much daily when you come home from work and every weekend especially heading into the nice summer months.

Thanks for understanding, Jaime

Then a later message of

“You have 7 classic cars at your house that all need constant maintenance. You should really have a dedicated workshop to do these works on them rather than on your drive because we can hear everything in the house as the windows and walls are so thin, as I’m sure you know already. I just don’t think it is very fair on us all that have to live here together and trying to make it a nice place to live”

That’s why I bought a house with a large garage and a long drive. The 7 classic cars.....I assume she means 2 metros a Cowley 75, 53 plate 75 tourer my other half’s 05 plate megane cc a 216 gti we are looking after for someone and rover 100 I’ve cut in half and making a trailer out of(that’s in the garage out the way)