View Single Post
Old 19th February 2020, 19:55   #4
alanaslan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer Automatic conn, 75 Saloon Automatic Conn, The Monograme Spice Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN01 View Post
Thanks Alan,

It's an area where I have limited knowledge and shall be looking for help as & when one of them snaps - which will, no doubt, happen at some point.

Finding out that the ones on the front of the car don't match the "correct" ones doesn't help .

Have a good one.

Cheers,

Andy.

I was talking to my coil spring man last week, about something non Rover related and was quizzing him about the front springs on the Diesel tourers vs the KV6.
He told me that the length of the spring and the diameter are only two of the factors. The length of the steel bar making up the spring before it is wound into the coil, also the amount of twist of the bar. Apparently the standard KV6 spring has a greater number of twists of the round bar. This I am told affects the deflection of the spring under load, ie the KV6 spring will sit slightly higher under static load, Than the diesel spring.
He stated that you can’t buy diesel springs to OEM any more as they are all aftermarket as the cars produced since 2005 were all petrol models.
This would explains why the last person I helped fit a pair of front springs that he got from Rimmers had no colour coding on them.
Alan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
alanaslan is offline   Reply With Quote