View Single Post
Old 29th September 2021, 18:52   #20
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVS View Post
I'm not sure what it's supposed to look like, but this is what the sensor looks like now. Is this acceptable or should I clean it?

The links and images of the caniser were most helpful, thanks. Found it in no time now
Apart from cleaning the electrical connector to the canister, anything else I should do with the canister itself? The tubing seems fine, as far as I can tell.
It looks OK not oily or excessively sooty to me, but then without testing it, it
would be impossible to tell if it works as it should.
I would concentrate on the 'orange clip' hypothesis as mentioned earlier because if the in-tank filter/fuel pump is showing signs of separation into the two parts then you will need to place a clip on these to prevent this from happening otherwise the resulting drop in fuel pressure will cause all sorts of driveability issues.
Do google a search under Rover 75 fabled 'orange-clip' or FCC., see what you can make of it, if you haven't got a clip fitted, then fit one. If this sorts things out, OK, if not then check the purge valve/charcoal canister, and yes spray the electrical connector with contact spray, good luck
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote