View Single Post
Old 14th October 2021, 10:26   #10
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

No idea about other areas, but around this part of Northamptonshire there are thousands of new houses being built. Where I live in Corby, was just fields around 15 years ago, there's now over 1000 homes here with a primary school. Just up the road in Weldon there's a bigger development going on, I believe there will be Dr's, primary school and other things there, as well as a new secondary school just over the road. Across the other side of the Stamford road there's another big development, Priors hall park, again with school and shops. Oakley vale on the other side of Corby is a massive sprawling estate built by various developers. It includes Dr's, shops, pub, takeaways, 2 primary schools, a nursery, a secondary school, and lots of green space and parks.

Theres also been several smaller developments around the town on all sides, with 2 new supermarkets built in the last 5ish years.

Down the road in Kettering there is also a huge amount of new houses going up on all sides of the town. A little further away in Raunds, it can't be far off being 1/3rd bigger than it was when I moved up here 10 years ago. The same in Northampton, I'd not been down to part of it for a few years, until last week, when I found myself in a whole new part of the town with thousands of houses.

As for the prices, I bet there are a number of people who were completely happy with their houses, until they had to spend months on end in them during the lockdowns. Then quickly discovered that they wanted more space, bigger garden etc.
We were lucky that we managed to move 7 days before the lockdown started, to a much larger house, with enough room for us all to have our own space, kids have a bedroom each and a separate lounge and playroom. If we'd been stuck in the old house, all sat in the same room, and the kids sharing a bedroom, it would've been a lot harder.

On the subject of prices, they increase and fall, and its always a risk you take. Where we are now, the original owner paid £249,950 in September 2008. The next house of the same type to be sold was 6 months later after everything crashed, and was only £185,000. We bought our 1st house for £159,000 in 2013, sold it for £195,000 in 2020, and bought the current house for £250,000. So in the 12 years the previous owner owned our house, he made £50. Judging by how house prices in this area have increased over the last year, we'd probably get about £300,000 if we were to sell now, but whatever else we bought would've increased by the same.

Much the same as the people selling their car to WBAC and similar because they're offering more than they paid. But whatever car they replace it with has also increased.
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote