View Single Post
Old 26th January 2020, 12:33   #10
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight View Post
Hello again people and thanks for the replys. The diagnosis of the fuel pump actually came from the recovery mechanic who assured my partner that this was a common fault he had seen many times with the Rover 75. I've also had the same experience with an old e34 BMW I owned which had exactly the same symptoms as the Rover and the dreaded 1/4 tank syndrome, that was cured with a new pump and so it was just through that experience and the recovery guy saying that i have arrived at this conclusion. Unfortunately i have accidentally broken a tiny piece off the old pu!p which the fuel pipe connected to and have also snapped the float arm off the new pump trying to manoeuvre it in place. To be honest I'm at my wits end, totally my fault i appreciate that in hindsight maybe a little more research before diving in would have been advantageous but it is what it is. So if anyone knows where i could get a used pump like the one i removed I think maybe that would be the best place to start again!!!
As you're in Norwich, give Trikey a PM, he's not that far and a whizz
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote