View Single Post
Old 9th April 2019, 20:27   #4
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robti View Post
Hi I usually put on part worn but they have jumped up to £55-£60 a corner for decent ones , so looking for advice on what new ones to look for, for the 18" wheels and where to get them from ?
Thanks
I have currently a set of Alventi Zeta on mine. Nope I had not heard of them either, but am a believer of driving to abilities and conditions, both mine and the tyres, as well as the nearly £300 price difference of the only other available set that day. Could have went cheaper though. I have to say I have been very shocked at how good they have been so far, in frost, light snow, and heavy rain with standing water. Only on about 4 or 5000 miles. Wearing as well as any tyre I have had

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamfordzs View Post
Just beware, some insurers will question non-OE spec tyre sizes if checking a car after an accident. Any excuse to wriggle out of a payout, same as undeclared mods.
errrm, they may try to question it, but that is as far as they can go with that. The argument wont work at all. As long as they are E approved (or whatever approval tyres must conform to) , they have the correct or higher load/speed rating, age, within wear limits etc, and the correct size (within limits, remember some 75s were fitted with 195 and 205, who is to say which was correct when it left the factory? ) .

It would also render a lot of cars scrap too, if a tyre manufacturer stops producing a model of tyre.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote