View Single Post
Old 10th April 2019, 21:43   #10
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

My last ZT had Nexen N8000 fitted when I bought it..........despite having 6mm of tread, I removed them after two days and fitted Uniroyal Rainsport 2, the Nexen tyres were absolutely awful in every respect.

My current ZT up until last December had Dunlop SP01 fitted, not cheap, but they saw four years on my car after I'd had the wheels refurbished.

Frosty has Rainsport 3 fitted to his 11 spokes, the other set of 11 spokes have Avon ZV7 both of which are.......excellent.

Now for the current daily chariot, my ZT is now fitted with the superior tyre of AAA P606, these were fitted simply to get the ZT through it's test in December, and four of these cost me about £160 supply only.

They are adequate at best, ok for around the town, passable on motorway, but are far noisier than the previous Dunlops.

In summary, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend both Uniroyal Rainsport 3, or the Avons in that order, I wouldn't have Nexen fitted if I were paid to do so, and if you don't really care about your safety or that of other road users, or don't mind driving as if you were on untreated ice when the road is damp, or indeed don't get embarrassed when you can wheelspin your car in second and have short arms and long pockets, then any of the junk brands will do.

Triangle
Jinyu
LingLong
LandSail
Delinte
GoWind
Sunny
Sailun

I don't care what anyone says about tyres, the difference between cheap rubber and midrange, then top end tyres are like night and day, I drove a car belonging to me that came with Landsail tyres, they were four months old according to the DOT, off they came, then I cut the sidewalls before taking them to the tip to ensure they were not reused by anyone else.

People who claim that these cheap Chinese rings of death are fit for purpose, have never ridden a motorcycle, I find people who have experience of two wheel travel tend to understand the importance of the only point of contact between your machine and the road.

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote