View Single Post
Old 3rd April 2019, 18:28   #2
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman View Post
Hi folks, my first post will tempt many of you to move on as I'm sure the subject has been well aired, but for those who read on I thank you

I've been seriously thinking of a 75 purchase, so could I pose the following queries please:

Is there a noticeable difference in terms of everyday driving between the CDT & CDTi engines?

Do the reduced build quality (allegations) &/or the accountant's 'pruning' of the car's specification after the face-lift really detract from 75 ownership experience? I've read that the late cars are more like BMW's than Rovers.

nb: with reference to the 'members cars for sale' couldn't the adverts be removed post sale? It's frustrating to click on an ad. & read through all the details, only to find that the cars' been sold. Sorry

With respect to the engine, the CDT/CDTi differenttaion is not worth worrying about - you should however get the 131BHP variant as opposed to 113 BHP as the difference in power does have a real effect on drivability.

In my opinion you should aim to purchase the newest car possible so that you have the pleasure of owning it as long as possible.

Also, IMO, there is no difference in driving experience between pre and post project drive cars. Later cars will not necessarily have all the toys that earlier cars had but, again in my opinion, no amount of toys are ever going to compensate for a car where the fundamentals are not spot on. This is what I would always focus on as opposed to the toys or the colour of the interior etc.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote