View Single Post
Old 2nd June 2019, 13:22   #2
Jamiewelch
Posted a thing or two

Alpina D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowler351 View Post
Hey guys,

Ok so i've been trying to fix my brothers 75 for a while now. Long origin story the car wouldn't start last year and couldn't work out why thought maybe it was down on power jumped it and it ran. Brother took it to a garage who told him it was glow plugs?? I'm not sure about that but hey ho they replaced them and it ran....for like a week. Another garage had the car and found the ECU was drowned they F****** about with it for a while and told him that it just kept blowing ecu's so it was a write off. They dropped it with me and I've been doing damage control since, replaced several sensors that had failed and the in tank pump that had packed up. I replaced the drowned ecu with a matched ECU, EWS and KEY, tested the power to the injectors using a node and they are getting the pulse now but still no cigar, sometimes the car will cough when cranking and almost fire but still no. I am pretty much at the end of my abilities thus far. Could this be injector related? Would a leak back test show if the injectors are warn out? or am i still chasing an ecu problem.

any help is massively appreciated

Rich
Do you hear the fuel pump when you turn the ignition on? If you do, try easy start (pop the pipe off the EGR and spray in there), if it starts and runs it is probably the HP regulator on the back of the HP pump.
Jamiewelch is offline   Reply With Quote