Thread: Help, anyone?
View Single Post
Old 3rd July 2022, 19:04   #17
NewDoc
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

So the saga continued! We got going again as you all know and traveled another 70 miles or so before it stopped again. No warning or anything strange just check engine and engine stalling. We managed to get to a safe space and waited a few minutes while we decided what to do. I turned on the ignition and the check engine was gone! I waited 30 seconds in position 2 and turned her over and she burst into life again. We drove a further 10 miles to a services and got coffee and just to be sure we filled up again. Nothing further all the way to Portsmouth and for the whole week in France, in fact she was as smooth as anything and started on the button every time. Then, on the way home back in England we drove for around 100 miles without a peep and suddenly ... check engine. We stopped at the side of the road and waited a minute. Turned key to position 2 for 30 seconds and she started. Drove then to services and had coffee. So just to recap all the help,
We had more than half a tank of fuel each time she stopped,
There was no warning,
No problems turning over and battery good
After waiting for a period of time engine would start and I could drive normally,
Only seems to happen after about 100 miles of driving.
So what thoughts?
Russ, if you are reading this I could do with a T4 check when you are available please.
Born: 2003-10-20 @14:58:12
NewDoc is offline   Reply With Quote