View Single Post
Old 12th March 2021, 10:38   #16
biggles-1

MG Saloon + MG Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse View Post
Not sure I would have understood any better had it been in Swedish

Interested in where you sourced the gasket between the pump halves as this is the one I've seen (read of) leaking? Could be very handy to know a local source who is perhaps willing to refurbish V6 pumps.

Keep well
Hi Vitesse,

I have spent days (!) searching the market for spare parts. Often, I have found nothing or no reference number, due to the fact that neither MG and in my case Hoborn/Eaton no longer are in business.

In the end I found that a gasket kit to a "FORD Transit (early 2000?)", that I believed would fit by the look of it. It turned out to be ok but not the oil seal that was in NBR. The original is made of flour rubber/FPM, so had to buy them separately (a separate hassle).

I ordered a "test" kit from a Italian company and paid a lot, including shipping. When I actually had the kit in my hand and could see some numbers, I started to search again and found that Meat & Doria was the producer. More searching and I found that I could buy the same kit on Autodoc.se or similar, for a third of the price I had paid. Now I know!

The parts are (to my pumps)!

Meat & Doria part # 37079 (Ford Transit)
https://www.autodoc.se/meat-doria/12886203

BUT I think below would be more suitable for my pumps and cheaper!

Meat & Doria part # 37041 (Land Rover Discovery II)
https://www.autodoc.se/meat-doria/12886165

If I would add a thought, it would be that many spare parts and PAS are as I can see exactly the same, even if given different model and part numbers. For example, the two pumps I have (QVB101411 = HE 1205095/14 and QVB000280 = HE 1205095/22) are to me exactly the same (have dismantled both into pieces). I cannot find any difference between them.

I can also add that I was surprised that so many leads ended up to one of Victor Reinz over 400 companies dealing with auto parts. I had never heard of them before this journey.

That´s it / Nils

Last edited by biggles-1; 13th March 2021 at 08:33.. Reason: changed FBR to FPM
biggles-1 is offline   Reply With Quote