View Single Post
Old 12th March 2021, 12:04   #18
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggles-1 View Post
Hi Vitesse,

I have spent days (!) searching the market for spare parts. Often, I have found nothing or no reference due to the fact that neither MG and in my case Hoborn/Eaton no longer are in business.

In the end I found that a gasket kit to a "FORD Transit (early 2000?)", that I believed would fit by the look of it. It turned out to be ok but not the oil seal that was in NBR. The original is made of flour rubber/FBR, so had to buy them separately (a separate hassle).

I ordered a "test" kit from a Italian company and paid a lot, including shipping. When I actually had the kit in my hand and could see some numbers, I started to search again and found that Meat & Doria was the producer. More searching and I found that I could buy the same kit on Autodoc.se or similar, for a third of the price I had paid. Now I know!

The parts are (to my pumps)!

Meat & Doria part # 37079 (Ford Transit)
https://www.autodoc.se/meat-doria/12886203

BUT I think below would be more suitable for my pumps and cheaper!

Meat & Doria part # 37041 (Land Rover Discovery II)
https://www.autodoc.se/meat-doria/12886165

If I would add a thought, it would be that may spare parts and PAS are as I cvan see exactly the same, even if given different model and part numbers. For example, the two pumps I have (QVB101411 = HE 1205095/14 and QVB000280 = HE 1205095/22) are to me exactly the same (have dismantled both into pieces). I cannot find any difference between them.

I can also add that I was surprised that so many leads ended up to be one of Victor Reinz over 400 companies dealing with auto parts. I had never heard of them before this journey.

That´s it / Nils
Thanks Nils, think your detective work might benefit others who have asked about gaskets in the past. I remember Genpk down in Australia managed to source one from his Land Rover outlet but never got a part no. The actual pumps are expensive to buy, so your efforts identifying gasket sets/renovating pumps might prove extremely useful

Mike
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote