View Single Post
Old 23rd March 2018, 19:42   #1
maxxpump
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT

Thumbs down Failure of indicator, tail warning and IPK/speedo back lights

Hello all,

My rover 75 has just started exhibiting faults like no back lights behind the speedo, rev counter, clock, also the rear left indicator, front right, both side indicators and dipped beam on one side has all failed. Also the self leveling on the front headlights doesn't seem to be working at all. I picked up new bulbs today and to my horror I found all the filaments were present and no burn/soot marks were present. Am I right thinking that if I change out the LSM circuit board this might rectify this issue or is it something else? I 've check the ECU and its bone dry.

The car has been sitting on the side of the road for three and a half months, due to alternator failure, we have just had a new one installed and the car actually seems to be running better than it was before, but unfortunately this problem started to appear immediately after picking the car up from the garage. The indicator has been a slight issue and when on was fast pulsing about a month ago when we took the car around the block a few times (we did this a few times over the three or so months so nothing could possibly seize up).

I first suspect the LSM, but would it have been possible that if the alternator voltage was not stable (I have had it on diagnostic mode a few times to check the voltage and it was all over the shop, but never went over 14 or so volts), that something else may have been cooked?

I just don't want to order a new LSM and find the problem is still there...

Any help would be appreciated, I know how hard it is to diagnose electrical problems with our cars and I am in no way a expert in car electronics.

Thanks