View Single Post
Old 23rd March 2018, 21:10   #5
maxxpump
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT

I wasn't aware that the LSM control board had the mileage contained on the board, I thought that the mileage was contained on the IPK; I was thinking about replacing our IPK with the HiLine kit with the computer built into it, and was told back then it needed coding for said reason (mind you it was a long time ago so not 100% sure).

I haven't looked at te cars schematic wiring diagram, but was told that the alternator ran to the battery before running into the ECU..and other computers/digital components, am I wrong to to assume his, and could it have been at all damage due to a faulty regulator, as we got some of these errors, before we got the replacement installed. But mind you the internal lighting is a new issue as well as the headlight levelling.

So I guess I would have to visit my nearest T4 guru to get his sorted out, but I guess I could get further diagnostics done to determine the probable cause of the failure.

We did have some water ingress get inside the car about three years ago due to a smashed window (we got burgled in France), which took a number of weeks to get and install a new second hand spare door and window. The carpets our dry now, and would have thought any damage would have occured back then. I am right thinking that the LSM circuit board is behind the switch pack on the lower right hand side of the steering wheel?

If this is the case I am going to take the switch pack out tomorrow and extract the circuit board box, check the connections for corrosion, get inside it and check the same as well as possibly checking it with the multimeter.

I will add that the indicator issue is mostly intermittent and there is a possibility I suppose for something either shorting out a trace on the board or a dodgy component. The problem definitely seems to get worse after the car warms up and me and my friend suspect its a dodgy component on the LSM board.

I hope this isn't anything major as we have already thrown about £680 at this car in the last 12 months or so and it really is getting to the point that I am getting to the point that these issues are one thing after the other and I am going to unfortunately have to draw the line somewhere!

I think my nearest T4 guy is in Portsmouth, does anybody know of a closer one to Brighton (East Sussex), as logistics with this kind of problem is a utter nightmare and I can't see us driving that distance with such a serious problem; obviously it would also be against basic laws to do such a thing...

I will get back to you peeps in the morning and will post any pictures of what I might find and hopefully can try to find a cheapish solution to this problem (I think we might be able to maybe spend another £100> on it, but if this happens to be a issue with the central computer, I fear it might be going to the scrappers (if it does I will be doing a light strip down before as I might be able to recoup some of the money which has spent on it recently, as it has quite a number of new old stock parts on it now and we have barely done any mileage in the last six or so months as its jst been constant problems one after the other) as I just don't have that kind of money).