View Single Post
Old 21st February 2020, 00:07   #10
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

A car fitted with a twin electric towbar is likely to have dragged a caravan, and the resultant wear and tear that brings to the transmission and chassis is what I alluded too.

This car has obviously had the maintenance basics scrimped on, the MOT history shows this, and despite the low mileage, even without looking at the car I suspect the underside of the car to have suffered similarly.

Often the tourer models left the factory with scant protection applied to the underside, and having owned a couple, and been underneath a few more than most people, I have seen little to reassure that this was simply a case of bad luck.

It will be interesting to see what this car fetches when it goes under the hammer, it is finished in one of the nicest Mk2 colours, but it has absolutely the wrong engine fitted to claim any sort of classic status, a V6 has more cache, but an 1800T is much better balanced and loads more fun, but a diesel is a workhorse and not thoroughbred.

It all depends on whether or not the buyer has some idea of what lies beneath the smart exterior, the BMW test mule engine is not and will never be the thoroughbred that the car promises it will be.

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote