Thread: PDC problem
View Single Post
Old 21st January 2019, 19:40   #18
alanaslan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer Automatic conn, 75 Saloon Automatic Conn, The Monograme Spice Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsnail View Post
A little update, I was messing around with my double din android unit with the key in ACC position only, went on the google log in section, it said checking info and the pdc loudspeaker started beeeeping continuously and it never stopped until the ACC was turned off (more than 10 mins lol). This happened another time in the same circumstances about 2 days ago but I have not given it importance since I thought it's just a one time error to say so...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Boy you have more patience than me. I have had this problem on the current tourer and one of the boys local had it on his Tourer also. Both of our cars are automatic.
After my airforce service and years spent working in the Pitts trackside and my fifty years in building maintenance, I have to confess that I could not hear the sensor click even with my hearing aids in, oh to be young.
On the two occasions this problem raised its head on the two Tourers. I have just removed the four sensors and replaced them with aftermarket ones. Disconnected the parking sensor black box. Then fitted an after market box powered from the reversing lights running the beeper either up to just above my ear in the headlining or down under the steering column.
With the rover I had to drill an access hole in the boot, grommeted up to bring the sensor cables into the car, all the connectors were then given 4 coats of conforming spray then put the box into a poly zip bag with dumdum around the cable entry, then gave the bag a couple of coats of conforming spray.
By pressing the sensors out of their carriers and putting the new sensors into the carriers along with their angle rings this makes them look original. With the hundred or so colours available in aftermarket sensors getting a perfect match has never been a problem.
The cost of the aftermarket pack is under fifteen pounds fitting time is under an hour.
Should say at various car club meets I have fitted sensors to over a hundred cars of every kind over the years. There was one classic car show I was at a few years ago where I must have fitted twenty units in one weekend. There was a taxi driver there who’s car I did. Ended up with about fifty guys wanting it done. I had to explain that my charge of £20 to supply and fit a set was only for car club members, and I did not fit these things as a job, only as a favour.
I have to say that by now I would have done this to your car if it was mine.
Just a thought
Alan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
alanaslan is offline   Reply With Quote