View Single Post
Old 27th July 2020, 20:46   #7
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

The advice I was given a couple of years ago when SWMBO had a wish to own one was to hire one for a week or two and use it.

All went well until on the second day she wanted to go shopping and then we realised why so many tow a little car behind them, non of the supermarkets near where were staying had enough room to get one in either by design or lack of space.

Anyway at the end of the two weeks we decided to leave the money in the bank and hire one again when we had the desire.

The problems we encountered were mainly the size in small places we were trying to get too, on one occasion I had to reverse it about half a mile due to oncoming vehicles and no passing places. I would like to know how people get on with the Winnebago style mobile homes or do they only use them to go to festivals and events? On a positive it was very luxurious and comfortable, had an amazing power shower, good size fridge freezer and great cooker, the bed was sooo comfortable with mood lighting.

The economics of owning one don't really add up unless you are planning to use it a lot. With the cost of buying one, maintenance, insurance and tax and of course repairs. The one we hired cost us £1200 for 2 weeks and we had the latest model that was about 6 months old.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote