View Single Post
Old 7th August 2019, 13:10   #147905
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Good morning all, good morning Bob. One day at a time Bob, you’ll get through okay. Jeff, stunning photos! Good morning Ian, good morning Richard

On Monday, I cancelled an order at a local garage for brake parts and the manager said he would send them back. I would call into his garage again, as I needed to replace the 2 front tyres. I visited the garage yesterday and a customer in front of me was just paying for 2 new tyres, alignment £384! He had a Merc.

I asked for 205/55 R15 H or V. I was at the desk when he put the order in. Interestingly, 2 suppliers he tried, said none were in stock. The 3rd supplier said they only had Falkens in the size. Garage man said they are £199 for the 2, the size was old fashioned and difficult to get hold of, but they would be delivered yesterday pm and he’d send me a text when they had arrived, but I never heard from him.

I checked online what the Falkens were costing locally and the most expensive in the size I needed, came to £160. There is something not right. I suspect, the garage man was a bit peeved when I cancelled the order for the brake parts and the labour. I was looking at paying at least £300 for the parts and on top of that he said it’s a minimum of 3 hours labour for diagnostics and fitting.

A mechanic I know well has ordered the parts for £78. He will do the job on Saturday and won’t draw it out.

Afternoon Phil, Blimey! Sounds like a rip off merchant For that money I'd want four tyres fitted & a long weekend in Blackpool wi donkeys .

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote