View Single Post
Old 26th March 2021, 11:43   #7
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmaestro View Post
OK, I've uninstalled and re-installed version .43. After making a fresh backup, I tried again. I deleted the two keys saved in the BCU and added mine. This time, I got past the password and nothing else happened. The PDF instructions mention another dialog box, is that correct?
These are the instructions I've used, originally on .org I believe;

The used key TOAF "How To"

Open TOAF, click connect..... don't bother scanning car and click on BCU button instead.

Now click on "BCU Keys", then "Read keys” and select an unused position from the drop down menu.

Now click on Add, this opens a dialogue box prompting you to enter the six digit code from the sticker on the remote PCB.

Another dialogue box now opens prompting for a password, click ok without entering anything into this box.

The next dialogue box opens prompting you to "please synchronise your keyfob”, don't click ok, instead simply close the dialogue box.

Now click on the coding tab, and choose backup, after this has saved click on restore and open the file you have just saved, which in turn writes the saved data back to the BCU.

After the data restore has been completed, press the unlock button on the new remote board until it synchronises with the car.

If you go back to BCU keys and click on read you will find your newly stored key remote is there in the position you selected

Good luck
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote