View Single Post
Old 26th September 2021, 15:19   #5
bigblue75
older not wiser

75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
A replacement LSM would require coding, the LSM is one of the locations where car info such as mileage is stored.

Although he doesn't have a T4 might be worth having a word with Dunc (Cossie Dunc) in Whitburn.
Will be contacting Dunc this week

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder View Post
The normal switch is fine for Xenons, fitting the correct switch means installing and maintaining the auto-leveling levers and switches. Toaf will work to match a new switch, should you choose to go down that bumpy road.

Are the beams set correctly in relation to the switch-I had an issue with a car that the dial was set to high and the headlights were focused too low...
The beam shape is good ( a wee bit 'longer' on the left ) and when raised with the thumbwheel it isn't too high AND may need to be a tad higher? Never had a great dipped beam on my non Xenon 75s and have no yardstick to compare the current car with

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse View Post
Don't need a T4 as you have Toaf, just go into VIN tools and copy the correct VIN from one of your other module, ideally the IPK, to your LSM. End of mis-match.

Regards
Not too bothered about the mismatch- my concern was that an LSM with headlight thumbwheel wouldn't work correctly with Xenon headlights regardless of the burners in them. I don't want to replace the burners if that won't improve the light output (because the LSM does not utilise the technology). If an LSM without thumbwheel does utilise the technology then I will try to source one before doing anything else.

Appreciate the replies gents.

Last edited by bigblue75; 26th September 2021 at 15:41.. Reason: clarity
bigblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote