View Single Post
Old 20th January 2011, 20:25   #6
soapy
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Contemporary Diesel Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay2112 View Post
I'm insuring my car soon. Took out cover last year with Swift cover with breakdown insurence. Then I hear about AA breakdown cover, where you can claim up to £500 etc for around £170yr. Bought and cancelled this as my garage said the slave cylinder would be seen as wear and tear (knowing someone who works for that side of AA).
Warrentty direct wants £277 with the cover of some wear and teer and no £500 limit. They pay up to a resonable price to what your cars worth.
The only time I used my breakdown cover over the year was because of a dead battery, and then it cost me £90 for a replacement.
I used to buy cheap run arounds with no added cover and never much problem.

MOD's. It would be good to see a poll if its of any interest.
1. People who take out no extra cover.
2. Those who take out basic to middle cover ie brake down at roadside/home start.
3. Those who take out Warrenties, AA/RAC full cover including parts and garage expensis.

With car insurence being so high who can afford to not gamble the extra cover? ie last year insurence, £500 including #2 of cover. This year £500+ before any cover is added.
Jay
The AA replaced my battery Jay for the £25.00 excess as it caused me to breakdown the patrol mans words not mine,so if you were out and about and your slave cylinder went that would be replaced under the warranty as well,i have also claimed for a n/s front spring which was also covered.

Joseph Stalin.
soapy is offline   Reply With Quote